Well, this is a big day, at least emotionally. My opportunities to find another job with HP have come to an end and I’ll be formally terminated today.
I can honestly say that I’m not upset about this. Instead, it’s just the final acknowledgment that I need to say goodbye and move on with my life.
I’m incredibly lucky, actually. Despite an interesting bout with a crown falling off my tooth Monday – got that all fixed up yesterday – I have my health and as many mental faculties as I’ve ever had. More important, I have an incredible range of friends, colleagues, and supporters. It’s amazing how much of a difference that makes for getting through the day.
And for the moment, I have a lot of energy and ideas. Here’s the current priority list:
- Complete the HP termination process.
- Continue to monitor local job listings, looking for opportunities in business management, product line innovation, organizational effectiveness, and coaching.
- Contact companies which deliver coaching as a primary service, to see if they’d be interested in hiring me as a coach.
- Start developing the idea that I would independently consult on business planning/operations/effectiveness, connected with organizational coaching.
- Explore an idea I had on coaching around sacred liturgical music.
But in order to do these effectively, I’ll have to close off a number of action items which are buzzing around my head, inbox, and task list. I’ve been kind of letting that slide in the last three weeks, so I have to get back to being organized.
And today, my wife and I are going to start swimming regularly – a bit of damage was done to the diet while we were on vacation. But it was such a great time with our daughter!